Monday, August 23, 2010

Why oh why?

First off: please don't mind some crappy English. I am Dutch, very much not a native speaker of English, but I have no intention to grind through every piece of post. I've started this blog to gather information on movie stills and to gather people who are interested in them.  Why oh why a blog on stills? Well firstly I'm a film enthusiast since I don't know when and have collected movie posters for the last ten years or so. Lately I'm hooked on stills. Somehow there's a lot of info to find about movie posters, but not so much on stills. So there, enough reason to start a blog. Anymore reasons? Well, just check out my profile pic. That's a publicity shot of Sharon Tate from the late 1960's. Some of you might be aware of her name and that she was Roman Polanski's wife who was murdered by Charles Manson. Now you know what she looked like....
Is that all? Yes, for now it is. I will try to be as varied and interesting as possible while posting in the future. I'll even try to get scientific on you sometimes. If anybody who finds this remotely interesting likes to share views, knowledge or anything really, be my g.

Next to his blog I'm uploading thousands of stills from my collection. Check out my photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/hazardous_operations_movie_posters_and_stills/
You''ll find a variety of stills of movies made by film directors I particularly find interesting, mostly flawed geniuses, rebels without causes or just plain underachievers.
If you want to make a comment there, you're very much welcome. I'll try to post pics and stuff here as well, but give me some time to get the hang of this blogging thing.

 Maybe 'til later!!

In the meantime here's another still of Sharon Tate, this time with Roman Polanski himself in The Fearless Vampire Killers. Let's hope these were better times for the both of them



No comments:

Post a Comment